Job #: 2638
Title: Credit Risk – Salt Lake City, UT
The Credit Risk Management Department (“CRM”) is a central part of the risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRM is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Understanding the credit quality of corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide is an essential aspect of the firm’s ability to be an effective financial intermediary. Credit professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm as well as clients in either an advisory or transactional capacity, offering a unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective on the activities of the Firm.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm’s wide array of banking and trading business. CRM professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRMA has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
As an Analyst on the Bank Loans Team, your typical responsibilities will include:
• Review documents and monitor loan covenants
• Analyze, monitor and report the firm’s credit exposures across lending products
• Document process flows and for the functions performed and share this knowledge with other new analysts
• Take initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements and develop methods to reduce risks, increase controls, and increase customer satisfaction
• Work independently in order to research and troubleshoot problems
• Accountable for the accuracy and quality of work and appropriately escalating any unresolved issues to management
• Develop an understanding of the financial services industry and the Firm’s business activities
• Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting is preferable
• Strong Excel Skills, familiar with Pivot Tables, Formulas, VBA, etc..
• Highly motivated with strong academic background
• Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
• Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
• Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently