Job #: 781
Title: Core Java Developer – Equities
Responsible for developing applications and supporting the equity trading desks. Major responsibilities include:
Developing applications in Java to enhance existing trading systems and/or to build entirely new applications
· Advanced topics such as Enterprise integration patterns and asynchronous feeds via messaging technologies (FIX, JMS, MQ, etc.) Apache Camel, Mule
· Distributed caching technology such as HazelCast
Understanding business requirements and writing specifications
· Develop test plans and test the new modules to ensure the software works are expected.
· Work with users to certify enhancements, upgrades & patches in UAT.
· Deploy upgrades & patches
Working with the vendor or the internal IT development team to build the applications required by the trader.
5+ years with Java experience (SE, EE)
3+ years with messaging technologies (JMS)
3+ years database experience – writing or dealing with data access layers (SQL Server preferred)
Experience with Spring and Hibernate
Experience with Maven is a plus.
Strong architecture & design skills.
Strong experience building trading application and real-time feeds (e.g Market data)
Ability to write clearly & document requirements and designs.
· Strong communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate ideas, solutions etc.
Self driven – Ability to lead projects from initiation to completion.
Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related area
Experience in the financial industry.
Development Skills in C# and other .NET related technologies is a plus