Job #: 1563
Title: Compliance Data Analyst
Key qualifications are as follows:
1. Investment industry experience, i.e. basic understanding of equities, fixed income, derivatives.
2. Hands-on data management experience, with some or all of the following: SQL, VBA, Python, Advanced Excel
3. Understanding of ETL and data transformations
4. Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
5. Excellent English business communications, both verbal and written
6. Experience supporting business users, ideally in a financial industry setting
These are the core requirements, somebody who meets all of these will most likely be a very good fit –
Regulatory Compliance Data Analyst:
This role of the Asset Management Regulatory Compliance Data Analyst is to support compliance in the domain of market liquidity requirements. The US and other jurisdictions are enacting rules that fund managers must follow in order to protect investors from adverse asset price movement due to unforeseen market liquidity constraints. In the US, SEC rule 22e-4 creates a regulatory framework which seeks to assist funds in designing a robust liquidity risk management program to reduce the risk that a fund will be unable to meet its redemption obligations and minimize dilution of shareholder interests by promoting stronger and more effective liquidity risk management across open-end funds
The Data Analyst will perform ongoing liquidity assessment and related operational data tasks in support of SEC 22e-4 in conjunction with Portfolio Managers (PM’s) and Risk Control (RC) teams.
The Bloomberg Liquidity Assessment (LQA) tool is a central piece of this operation. Routine operational procedures need to be facilitated, performed, and monitored on a daily basis.
• Identify a selection of proxy securities for securities unsupported by LQA and send to PMs for review
• Review the PM liquidity override before it is updated in the Bloomberg output file and sent to downstream systems, reports and dashboards
• Adjust pre-set parameters defined by RC and send them to LQA for updates
• Request liquidation details of funds offered by UBS sub advisers and provide liquidity data to them
• As data steward, review exceptions reported on data quality dashboard and reach out to the appropriate individuals/teams for remediation
• Document and verify data procedures required to support this function, validating and socializing operating procedures with colleagues in US, EMEA, and APAC regions.
• Build run-book of all recurring tasks and associated controls
• Develop tools and scripts to facilitate routine data tasks, seeking to reduce manual involvement over time with scripting and automation
• Provide regular and ad hoc reports as required by the PM’s, RC, and Knowledge Services functions, using Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, LQA, in-house analytics, and other tools
• Support the flow of information between risk systems and front office business users and risk team
• Ensuring data integrity of all UBS-supplied and third party data feeding LQA, analytics, and internal risk systems
• Identify and resolve potential business issues and risks before they arise, escalating issues in a timely manner when appropriate
• Involvement in data projects, providing reports and business analysis to support the implementation of new system flows
• Contributing to the maintenance of the knowledgebase of procedures to ensure high-levels of cross-training and standardization
• Applying knowledge of fixed income and equities markets along with understanding of fund management operations and practices
• Prioritizing time and self-directing within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Being an excellent team player, continually reviewing processes and communicating problems and recommendations with global counterparts
Capability to manage several projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities Excellent verbal and written communication skills Working knowledge of equity and fixed income markets, with understanding of fund/asset management concepts Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision Excellent and demonstrable problem-solving skills Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Computer Science Strong knowledge of Excel, VBA is a plus Understanding of relational databases and intermediate SQL Prior exposure to SEC asset management regulations is a plus Python scripting is a plus