Job #: 2491
Title: Cloud Operations Engineer
strategically putting focus and efforts on transforming platform to cloud-based systems, deliverying automate deployment capability in self-service. Cloud Operation is part of Infrastructure department in Wholesale technology, and is responsible for build, operates and manages infrastructure platform and various services stacks on both Private and Public Cloud including compute, databases and network services partnering other IT functions.
The successful candidate will be working as part of Global Cloud Operations together with colleagues across the globe, to work on continuous improvement and enhancement on Cloud platfform to contribute and accelarate the cloud adaption.
Key Responsibilities includes,
– Build, test and deliver new services and improvement on supported Cloud platform and services, adhering Nomura standard policy and guideline.
– Provide onsite L2/L3 support to monitor and work on service restoration of Cloud platform deployed globally when incident takes place, under Follow-the-Sun support model or provide on-call support as necessary.
– Engage with application teams throughout the lifecycle to provide reliable and scalable Cloud platform and services.
– Identify opportunity to automate manual steps or areas for improvement to remediate or mitigate operational risks, and directly contribute on coding to manage the Cloud platform effectively.
– Collaboratively work with Engineering function and other IT teams to discuss and agree on the enhancement and improvement to address challenges or issues.
– Contribute on documenting operational run books, and give coaching to team members as required.
– Experience in managing Public Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP) for more than 3 years.
– Good working knowledge in common coding languages, Python, Ruby-
– Practical knowledge and skills on managing Configuration Management tools, Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
– Working experience on Linux systems and good understanding on networking and core infrastructure such as DNS, NTP, LDAP, Active Directory.
– Good verbal and written English communication skills.
– Solid problem solving skills for services and application run on Desktop and Mobile in dynamically changing environment.
– Sound team players to collaborate with various colleagues across regions to deliver goals together.
– Demonstrate proactive Leadership to engage others as necessary and provide good mentorship to junior staffs to foster the teams.