Job #: 2684
Title: Clinical Analyst
Individuals must have a strong background analyzing requirements gathered from clinical end-users and other clinical stakeholders, creating design documents, technical specifications, flowcharts l(Visio Diagrams), project schedules and other tasks such as leading workgroup sessions and build.
The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership of a project, create guidance where there isn’t any and influence the direction if it is not correct.
Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and develop interface solutions according to the project scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices, given constraints such as limited resources, time deadlines, and technological impediments.
• Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
• Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
• Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
• Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
• Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
• Consult with project team to determine interface requirements.
• Work with Project Management and Business Analysis Teams to translate interface requirements into a well-defined project scope
• Analyze and document interface specifications.
• Test, deploy, and validate the interfaces to achieve project sign off from internal and external project stakeholders.
• In-depth experience with the HL7 messaging standard, HL7 certification a plus
• Experience working with leading integration engines; experience working with multiple technologies a plus
• Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
• Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
• Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
• Ability to lead Business in programs with complex projects.
• Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
• Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
• Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
• Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications / Required Skill: ·
Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion ·
Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center. ·
A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required. ·
At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience. ·
At least 3 years of experience on commercial core clinical applications. ·
Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow. ·
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. ·
Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success. ·
Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods
BRIDGES ANALYST SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Epic Bridges Certification required ·
Experience with Error Work queues preferred ·
Experience with HL7 communications required