Job #: 1900
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business & Systems Analyst – Data Center of Excellence, Institutional Securities Technology
• Be embedded within any number of technology teams supporting different business lines or functions, with the goal of identifying and solving data quality issues by understanding and documenting their front-to-back architecture, processes and data flows, developing a roadmap for the evolution of that architecture and executing on the roadmap.
• Leverage strong technical focus and demonstrable experience of architecting technology solutions along with deep business knowledge in a particular area to realize tangible business benefits through adopting the data strategy and architecture principles.
• Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in both Technology and the Business outside your immediate area of expertise, and affect real change in both business process and technical architecture.
• Design, development and delivery of computer applications for business units like Collateral, Liquidity & Treasury, Finance, Commodities, Firm Risk, Loans, Sales and Trading, Operations.
• Be resilient to setbacks and relentless in the pursuit of the real strategic solutions for complex business problems
• Additional responsibilities will be to engage in a number of division-wide front-to-back business problems, understand and document the impact, and propose and gain support for solutions
• The role offers many opportunities to build a wide and diverse network and have a broad and deep impact across departments.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computational Mathematics or a related field, and six-eighth (6-8+) years of relevant experience developing applications for a global financial services institution; or Bachelor’s degree in same fields and ten (10+) years of relevant experience.
• Excellent track record of business analysis, application product development and delivery of complex global projects in Financial services domain
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Project and Program management experience
• Ability to work with senior stakeholders, bringing different teams together to execute on a plan towards a common goal.
• Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle methodology and related tooling. For example – Agile plug-ins for JIRA, Scrum and Product backlog management, BDD using tools like JBehave or Cucumber etc.
• Demonstrable experience in utilizing strong business and technology skills to solve data-centric business problems
• Data Skills
o Experience in working with Business and Technology departments to develop and execute on a data strategy, data architecture to solve data quality issues, eliminate data redundancy and streamline front to back data flows.
o Demonstrated knowledge and skills in enterprise data management, data governance, data quality principles & methodologies.
o Experience with data-centric tools and technologies around Data Lineage, Dictionaries, common data access APIs, golden source identification / master data management, ontology/taxonomy development, Data DevOps, Metadata management.
o Desired Skills:
§ Experience with curating, organizing and classifying the data with appropriate concept models and developing taxonomies and/or ontologies in RDF/OWL or other formal knowledge representation systems.
• Business Knowledge/Skills:
o Experience working with various front-to-back groups like Sales and Trading, Quants, Operations, Finance, Treasury, Settlements, Documentation/Confirmations, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Collateral and Margins; and understanding of data-centric issues that these groups face and possible solutions.
o Understanding of various front, middle and back office functions including but not limited to Pricing, Trade Capture, RFQ, “Position, Risk and PnL Management”, physical settlement, various Lifecycle events (Unwind, Upsize, Redemption, Retirement, Autocall, Novations, Corporate Actions)
o Excellent understanding of Equity Structured Products, OTC Derivatives and Swaps- Pre-trade and trade capture functions as well as front-to-back Lifecycle management.
o Desired Skills:
§ Experience with front to back functions across multiple asset classes – Equity, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, Credit etc.
• Technology Skills:
o Experience in designing and delivering computer applications via established software development lifecycle models like Agile; with a good understanding of all phases in the lifecycle.
o Technical background with emphasis on data architecture and data flows.
o Experience with SQL for Sybase/DB2 databases
o Desires Skills:
§ Experience with analysis, design, development and support of multi-tier desktop or server side distributed applications written using technologies like Java, C#, Perl, Python, Sybase/DB2, and Object Oriented Programming principles.