Job #: 1564
Title: Business Analyst – Philadelphia
Pavilion & Summit integration Business Analyst – Job
The Pavilion & Summit (P&S) Integration Business Analyst will contribute to the growing Global Investment business related to the recent acquisition of Pavilion & Summit. This position is for a professional individual contributor in Information Technology, who works independently with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will work closely with business users and IT managers to understand the functionality mappings between similar applications. The candidate will collaboratively complete the strategic IT/Application integration plan and take ownership of the tactical level plans and details – ensuring resources are aligned to drive the plans to completion. In addition to enhancement related BA work, the candidate will assist with security hardening, software licensing, compliance documentation (e.g. InfoSec documentation), assist with testing and prepare transition/system documentation. As the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the P&S integration, the candidate will also provide general application support to resolve functional and technical issues.
This is a temporary full-time position based in the United States. Minimal travel may be required to meet with business users.
To fulfil this role, the Business Analyst will:
• Provide analysis of P&S systems and mapping of functionality to Systems and identify target applications. Research the commonality and variations between and P&S applications. Establish the required technical platform to support target applications based on the systems development stack. Share system knowledge gained with cross-team resources.
• Partner with business and technology teams to build transition / migration plans. Identifying key dependencies on processes and other resources and work streams. Primarily focus on the North America transitions and assist with Singapore and London as appropriate.
• Document how the migrations will happen and become the Technical SME for these migrations.
• Provide detailed strategy, dependencies, requirements and execution steps for the decommissioning of various P&S applications (e.g. Sherpa and Atlas). Ensure target P&S applications are ultimately migrated to an official MGTI operated data center environment.
• Develop use cases and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work is aligned with product strategy. Coordinate with project managers on scope, time & sizing estimates. Consider other large enterprise projects (e.g. merger with JLT) when recommending timelines and delivery dates.
• Manage and complete the deployment and implementation of new and existing products/applications. Assist with the development of deployment packages to support the full integration.
• Work with operations groups to delineate and communicate process changes related to system changes or other process changes related to the P&S integration.
• Assist with technical transition documents and user guides, and any needed modifications to existing documentation, training materials or user demonstrations.
• Prepare business and technical requirements for enhancements to existing applications required as part of the P&S integration.
• Collaborate with prior P&S technical and business representatives to develop business requirements for existing P&S applications.
• Work closely with the Systems Development team to ensure the business requirements are met and align with the system design.
• Investigate, triage, diagnose and resolve complex application issues, working with business partners, other IT departments (MGTI, O&S, etc.) and suppliers as appropriate (Tier II Support) for applications associated with the P&S integration. Act as liaison for support on infrastructure and other standard enterprise systems; especially for prior P&S employees.
• Assist business and technology with the evaluation and recommendation of various system licensing requirements.
• Assist with testing of application enhancements, including writing test plans and acting as a business proxy for various application and environmental confirmations. Document exceptions, configurations and work-arounds as necessary.
• Assist with required application security hardening (encryption, multi-factor authentication, data encryption at rest, and security scans such as Qualys and White Hat). Complete & submit InfoSec documents for any P&S applications that are expected to be retained as operational. Coordinate with other IT staff to ensure required remediation and requests for security exceptions where appropriate.
The Business Analyst will meet the following criteria:
• Mindful of the sensitivities that will arise while working on full integration of recently acquired businesses.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree with degrees in mathematics or computer science preferred.
• 5+ years of technology experience in similar Business Analyst role or 5+ years of related business or technology experience.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written. Communicates professionally with internal and external clients.
• Experience with business analysis, application development and project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
• Ability to work independently and as a group member. Create effective business solutions with minimal direction and ability to learn new skills quickly. Strive to share knowledge and achieve common goals within a team.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the business concepts applicable to a multi-faceted financial services organization is preferred.
• Experience in Delegated Management Operations, Investments Operations and/or Middle Office Services is a plus.