Job #: 1814
Title: Business Analyst
This position is for a Business Analysis for the FA Platforms Team at New York offices. The charter of this team is to provide business analysis support for the FA Platforms to help drive the requirements, execution of the technical redesign and strategy of the platform to meet the goals of the business, delivery and implementation.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Self- motivated individual that will dig deep to uncover facts and not rely on assumptions or hearsay
* Ability to manage requirements and definition of the overall platform, keeping focus on technical requirements for users to be able to successfully use and navigate through the platform on their day to day activities.
* Understanding and participation of all Agile ceremonies
* Ability to write and groom/refine user stories in standard format
* Liaison between Business Users and Technical team in analysis & design
* Well defined and structured individual who can document, track and work on Functional, Data requirements seamlessly with minimum supervision
* Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems
* Plans, organizes and conduct walk through with Business Units and Technical team for common understanding across teams of requirements and sign off
* Provides technical assistance to peers, mentoring where ever applicable
* Exposure to Agile/Scrum is a must.
* Basic Financial Services knowledge is sufficient but Technical knowledge is a must (e.g. Ability to understand system behavior, interaction and dependencies, Data knowledge etc)Furthermore, this position will work with the ScrumMaster, Product Owners, PMs and business/data analysts in the team and work with other platform teams, driving issue analysis & resolution, educating peers, and drive the project throughout the SDLC process until execution. The candidate should be flexible, highly adaptable and excellent team player. The candidate should expect to work in a global virtual team along with NY and India team members, sometimes across multiple time zones. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player committed to delivering on time and should be able to work under minimal supervision.