Job #: 1441
Title: Business Analyst
Momentum is looking for a Business Analyst.
A successful candidate must be a self-starter and possess a broad professional skill-set. The Business Systems Analyst will contain in depth and hands-on knowledge of both business functions and technology/applications required to support business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform business and functional analysis, develop and document business requirements, business rules, process flows, data diagrams, data maps and data definitions based on business needs.
- Partner with technical team members and business functions to facilitate solution delivery and translate requirements into a technical design document.
- Lead reviews of cross functional business processes and assist in developing optimized and documented policies and procedures.
- Perform data analysis from the database layer through the application front end.
- Participation in cross functional data governance reviews to develop and document data rules that satisfy the Firm’s needs across functional areas.
- Partner with SMEs and vendors to craft validation and test plans.
- Coordinate application testing, which includes data validation as well as functional testing, with SMEs across functional areas. Additionally, gather test results, track issues and communicate to the appropriate team members for resolution.
- Perform troubleshooting of end-user and application software issues during testing.
- Develop mockup application screens and reports for approval ahead of development.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive business process knowledge of internal functional groups including Finance, Payroll, HR, Conflicts and Information Technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related area or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a Business/Systems Analyst in executing all facets of the development life cycle.
- Experience in deploying, interfacing, and supporting business applications within the Legal industry desired.
- Financial business process knowledge.
- Knowledge of Aderant and Elite a plus.
- Experience with the Microsoft technology suite, relational database management systems and enterprise application integration.
- Successful track record in applying technology to serve business functions. Ability to deliver solutions to improve and automate complex and /or critical business processes.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: Creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams.
Acute attention to detail and quality, driven with the ability to self-manage.
- Ability to lead meetings.
- Ability to read and interpret SQL to develop data maps.
- Ability to develop and document business requirements, process flows, data maps, data definition guides, validation scripts, test scripts, and policy and procedure guides.