Job #: 978
Title: BI Developer – Sayre PA
The EHR Business Intelligence Developer will analyze trends, gather specifications, write reports, administer and maintain reporting tools to meet the business intelligence requirements of the company
The primary focus of the BI developer II is to solve existing problems by developing and fine tuning IT solutions. The BI Developer II must be a data expert who mines data and presents it to the organization in an understandable way.
· Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts and understanding of SQL optimization.
· Substantial experience with report design using Epic supported reporting tools.
· Must have strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
· Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner while exhibiting attention to detail.
· Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the data model.
· Ability to determine data structures that benefit the entire reporting environment.
· Set up and administer BI reporting and delivery tools such as Epic/Crystal, SAP Analytical tools such as Crystal reports, WEBI reports, universes, BI Launchpad.
· Epic advanced Clarity certification in Clarity Intermediate or comparable education or experience.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, engineering, physics or statistics. Applicable experience may be substituted for up to two years of education requirement.
· Participates in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture and warehousing approaches.
· Develops and fine tunes Crystal and WEBI reports and dashboards to present information to end users in an understandable way.
· Responsible for implementing and administering Epic released reporting tools such as Reporting Workbench Reports, Epic-Crystal reports, Epic-BI reports.
· Responsible for implementing and administering Epic supported 3rd party reporting tools such as SAP Crystal reports, BI Launchpad, SAP universes.
· Responsible for setting up security for the reporting users based on the appropriate tool.
· Responsible for using SQL to optimize report performance.
· Creates and maintains technical and training documentation as needed.
· Responsible for leading reporting projects.
· Acts as an in-house consultant and expert regarding reporting writing.
· Trains other members of the report team.
· Presents reporting solutions to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
· Maintains technical expertise with current and evolving technologies within the Information Systems industry.
· Serves as a member of the technical project team. Meets regularly with other members of the technical team to discuss issues and provide solutions.
1. Participates in IT Project tasks and support EHR Support Manager as needed.
2. Demonstrates willingness to accept non routine work assignments as appropriate.