Job #: 827
Title: AWS/DevOps Consultant
The specifics of the role are listed here:
As part of the DevOps Infrastructure and Cloud Services Team, the individual will be leading the design and implementation of build, release and deployment of enterprise applications. This job ensures consistent, traceable and automation in managing application and infrastructure releases between Non-Prod and Production environments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for creating/patching and managing Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) operating systems
· Responsible for Creating/versioning/testing of scripts (Bash, PowerShell), Chef, Nagios, Maven/Ant, Git, Jenkins, Perl, Python (Boto) and Ruby to achieve high-level of automation.
· Duties include automation of installation/configuration/management of Apache Tomcat, Solr Cloud, IIS, MySQL and SQL Server – J2EE and .NET applications in a secure deployment
· Responsible in Building/Maintaining/Updating the monitoring tools to monitor systems, applications, databases as well as business transactions.
· Responsible in implementing/supporting and managing Identity, Authentication, Authorization, TokenServices for federated single sign-on using technologies such as SAML, OAuth, LDAP, Active Directory
· Deployment and management of Java and .NET based multi tier application deployments on AWS cloud
· Familiarity with RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL Database Technologies
· Network experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and WebApplication firewall
· Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML and JSON
· Familiarity with Insurance Business
· AWS Knowledge
· Hands-On experience using compute, networking, storage and database AWS Services
· Professional experience architecting large scale distributed systems
· Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
· AWS Training or Certification is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to implement interactions with AWS (AWS SDK, AWS API, Command Line Interface, AWS CloudFormation, and other AWS Services such as SNS, SQS, SWF, DynamoDB, S3 etc).
·Skilled in implementing automation using Chef, Knife, Ruby, bash, scripting, python, powershell to perform day-to-day support functions and release management activities.
· Experience with information and application security including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials and X.509 Certificates
· Expert level skills in managing Windows and Linux operating systems
· Experience in using source code management system such as GIT, CVS or SVN
Other Position Parameters:
· This position requires strong documentation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
· May also require some after-hours work to support application releases and production support.
· 3- 5 years DevOps Experience
· 5-8 years IT experience
· Bachelor’s Degree Preferred