Job #: 1102
Title: Automation Engineer
Momentum is searching for Automation Engineers.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for designing automations on the firm’s Digital Labor technology platforms, and adhering to the standards and best practices of the Digital Labor Center of Excellence.
- Design automation based on agreed upon requirements, including inputs, process, outputs, exception paths, and error handling
- Configure the commands for the automation to execute the tasks or processes as specified in the requirements and design documents; review incremental progress with a process subject matter expert to validate functionality and course correct s needed
- Complete end to end functionality testing with test data; validate functionality testing and results with process subject matter expert; make adjustments as needed
- Maintains proficiency on Digital Labor tools.
- Recommends new tools, processes and procedures and tracks enhancements.
- Contributes to reference architecture definition and maintenance. Follows and contributes to improving standards, guidelines, and leading practices.
- Seek and build relationships through assignments on individual efforts to enhance delivery and to better understand, identify, and work through issues across efforts. Effectively escalate within Project teams, direct and indirect leadership when issues arise.
- Participates in CoE & vendor lead trainings with stakeholders.
- Understand, support and contribute to the Digital Labor strategy. Contribute ideas and feedback within department.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures, working with teams and team members to ensure adherence on individual efforts.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in delivery of IT systems; SDLC, scripting, MS tools, basic development tools, languages, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies including .NET IIS and reporting solutions; solid understanding of SQL Server administration and middleware technologies like ESB and MQ series
- Understanding of Digital Labor and leveraging best-suited methodologies and practice and experience with Digital Labor concepts, tools (e.g. Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc) and SDLC preferred
- Experience in configuring, working and troubleshooting with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Active Directory, Kerboros; experience in troubleshooting performance issues on Microsoft server 2008,2012 and SQL server 2008,2012
- Must have experience with end-to-end application testing, defect management, change and release management and escalation processes; experience working in a production support environment providing On-Call support, including off hours and weekend support as necessary
Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work; ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience