Job #: 1996
Title: Audit Project Manager – Cary, NC
The IT Audit Project Manager is responsible for supervising IT audit coordinators on the team in the completion of audit engagements with minimal supervision from the IT Audit Facilitation Manager. The position is expected to monitor progress of audit engagements against a plan and schedule, assess work performed by the Audit Engagement Team, and work with internal and external auditors to ensure engagements are completed in conformance with Controls, Policies, Standards and Guidelines. The IT Audit Project Manager will also be responsible for timely and accurate updates to management. This position will be involved in the documentation and monitoring & reporting of related corrective action plans.
Essential job functions and responsibilities:
• Includes identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; determining audit scope; evaluating control design adequacy; and developing audit engagement schedule
• Assists the IT Audit Facilitation Manager with presentation of engagement risks and issues to process and control owners, senior management and in some cases executive management
• Actively involved in planning and scheduling of various audit engagements such as SOX, SSAE18, SOC2 etc.
• Track and report progress on various audit engagements, audit follow-up schedule, and central storing of audit reports and artefacts
• Arrange walkthrough, information provided by Entity, testing and reporting meetings for various audit engagements
• Report metrics to measure effectiveness and efficiency of various audit engagements
• Actively work on assessing and updating the Process, Risk and Controls framework
• Work closely with the IT Audit Facilitation Manager and provide day to day updates on various audit meetings and sessions
• Work with the audit issue management team to gather updates on audit issue remediation, assess Management Action Plan and report status of issues
Skills, Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, IT, business administration or a closely related field.
• 5-7 years of experience in IT risk and compliance (preferred), internal audit or IT risk advisory with a strong understanding of audit processes and engagements
• Strong project management skills
• Some experience with IT process, risk and controls framework and IT General Controls (ITGC)
• Solid understanding of IT auditing procedures and techniques
• Working knowledge in atleast one of the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools such as OpenPages (preferred), RSA Archer, RSAM, SAP GRC, RiskConnect, ACL etc.
• Independently plan, organize and direct an audit program under minimal supervision
• Some experience with industry standard Information Technology Control Policies and Standards frameworks including COBIT, NIST and ISO is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including experience in making presentations to senior management and technical subject matter experts
• Willingness to conducting training sessions and lead meetings
• Experience with Microsoft based applications such as Excel and SharePoint. Advanced excel skills such as VLOOKUP, Pivot tables and macros, is desirable
• Willingness to work effectively with multiple levels of management and collaborate to promote partnership
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with process and control owners
One of more of the following certification is desirable: PMI, CISA, CISSP, CISM and CRISC.