Job #: 2009
Title: Audit Coordinator – Cary, NC
The IT audit coordinator will work with various groups across the IT organization and serve as a facilitator to enable timely completion of audits performed by internal and external auditors. The IT audit coordinator works with auditors and process and control owners as the point person in key audit related activities such as communication of the controls and audit objectives, schedule and attend meetings, track evidence provided to support various audit related activities. The IT audit coordinator will be responsible for timely and accurate updates to management. This position will also be involved in the documentation and monitoring of related corrective action plans.
Essential job functions and responsibilities:
• Support the tracking of audits, schedule audit follow-up, and central storing of audit reports and artefacts.
• Attend walkthrough, Information Provided by Entity, testing and reporting meetings for various audit engagements
• Lead metrics-based tracking to measure effectiveness and efficiency of accomplishing various audit objectives
• Actively work on Process, Risk and Controls framework
• Work closely with the Archer risk findings team on risk related to audit issues
• Review and upload audit requests, submission, correspondence, findings and results
• Perform evidence reviews prior to delivering to auditors
• Work closely with the project manager and provide regular updates on various audit meetings and sessions
• Work with the audit issue management team to gather updates on audit issue remediation, assess Management Action Plan, report status of issues
Skills, Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, IT, business administration or a closely related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in IT risk and compliance (preferred), internal audit or IT risk advisory with a strong understanding of audit processes and engagements
• Some experience with IT process, risk and controls framework and IT General Controls (ITGC)
• Solid understanding of IT auditing procedures and techniques
• Working knowledge in at least one of the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools such as OpenPages (preferred), RSA Archer, RSAM, SAP GRC, RiskConnect, ACL etc.
• Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, SSAE18 SOC 1 and SOC2 requirements.
• Independently plan, organize and direct an audit program under minimal supervision
• Experience with industry standard Information Technology Control Policies and Standards frameworks including COBIT, NIST and ISO is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including experience in making presentations to senior management and technical subject matter experts
• Ability to conducting training sessions on various IT audit topics
• Experience with Microsoft based applications such as Excel and SharePoint. Advanced excel skills such as VLOOKUP, Pivot tables and macros, is desirable
• Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of management and collaborate to improve promote partnership. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with process and control owners
One of more of the following certifications is desirable: CISA, CISSP, CISM and CRISC.