Job #: 2011
Title: AS400 Operations – Tampa, FL
Must be able to work during overnight shift
• Monitors operation of multiple areas within Computer Operations: Batch Processing (Distributed/Mainframe), File Transmissions, Wide Area Network, and Application Services.
• Monitors and controls the Production environment in accordance with established standards and procedures. Monitors the availability of the Production environment against SLA parameters. Ensures procedures/guidelines for problem resolution are followed.
• Assumes the functions of the SRC, Change Management, and Scheduling during off -hours.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform routine operation functions which include submitting jobs, monitoring messages, labeling/storing tapes, managing job/output queues, monitoring system resources, distributing reports, performing backups and troubleshooting hardware problems.
• Maintain and update the operations procedures documentation.
• Initiates communication to, and interface with, applications programming, Technical personnel and Vendor representatives. Opens Remedy Tickets and executes action required to close ticket.
• Interprets documented instructions into actions to be taken and to perform those actions.
• Monitors hardware/software for respective areas. Observe equipment operation and report deviations or malfunctions.
• Assist in researching and documenting processing failures.
• Recognize and forecast operations problems and report them to their supervisor.
• Performs audits on new processes and maintain procedures/schedules.
• Basic Iseries Security Knowledge
• Able to research and troubleshoot basic system issues
• Assists in technical problems and change implementation for respective areas.
• Provide off-hours technical support and problem coordination/escalation.
• Meet Overtime Requirements, as needed.
• Perform other assignments to comply with Corporate Information mission, and to enable the Company to increase revenue, to become easier to do business with, to reduce unit costs, to reduce time to market and to increase customer and agent satisfaction.
• 5-7 years experience in a hands-on computer/data center Operations role.
• Experience with specific Network Operations Center processes and tools.
• Familiarity with Data Center facilities management.
Hands-on experience with AS/400 systems operation, job scheduling and submission.
• Degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
• Current relevant certifications.
• Familiarity with ITIL, COBIT, or ISO process related to IT Operations functional areas.
• Experience with Solimar print management software.
Experience with Xerox high-capacity printer equipment.
Limited decision making since problems can generally be evaluated in terms of defined procedures or precedents. In most instances, problems are solved in collaboration with the supervisor or higher-level personnel. Work methods and procedures are usually established by others. Most duties performed with close supervision. Assignments are frequently reviewed while in progress and closely reviewed when completed.
Errors can cause substantial delay, expense or inefficiency in business processing in various areas of the Company, which rely on AS/400 programs and other software services.
There is frequent oral and written communication with employees within the work group about progress on tasks, projects, or problems encountered, and with employees outside the work group about system usage.
No direct supervisory responsibility but may assist and train personnel and may assume project management responsibilities including oversight on tasks assumed by other team members assigned to a given project.