Job #: 3045
Title: Application Support
This role is responsible for overseeing custom off-the-shelf (COTS) or custom applications configuration, updating, maintaining, and repair of assigned applications.
Effectively identifies, researches and resolves any defects within a given application. Has a strong technical and platform knowledge with hands-on experience in root cause analysis and troubleshooting application issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1.) Understand, monitor, and manage/administrate application function and performance. 20%
2.) Identify, diagnose, and resolve errors that arise. 20%
3.) Communicate with end-users and provide production support to keep them informed of any operational issues that arise including business impact and plans to resolve. 15%
4.) Document administrative processes as well as design decisions. 15%
5.) Communicate and interact with application vendor(s), infrastructure team or users for issue resolution and/or technical support. 15%
6.) Serve as a technical expert in the installation and configuration of COTS or customer software. 5%
7.) Proactively identify opportunities for system, interface and process improvement on all assigned systems. Work with manager and business users to prioritize and implement solutions accordingly.
•Develop and maintain system user guide and work procedures for all primary processes 10%
• At least two (2) years experience in software lifecycle development.
• At least three (3) years in installations, maintenance and administration.
• Must have working knowledge of Windows & LINUX (RHEL) operating systems.
• Experience in SQL
– Experience in using Splunk and setting up alerts.
• Solid knowledge of security practices and protocols is necessary.
• Solid understanding of key application security concepts, including authentication, access control and group access.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Familiar with mortgage business processes a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Professional attitude and presentation.
• Desire, commitment and ability to be a team player.
• Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
• Strong listening and effective written and oral communications skills.
• Strong analytical and process skills.
• Good organization and prioritizing skills.