Job #: 1826
Title: Application Engineer – Philadelphia, PA
The primary function of this role is as the onsite development lead for RVP (Risk-ValuePricing) work streams and deliverables.
They will interact with the offshore team (in India) on a daily basis, as well as other teams.
The candidate will also be involved in 24/7 operational support of RVP.
This role will mitigate the risk of shortage and turnaround time due to the heavy dependency on the offshore team.
The Sr. Application Engineer is responsible for the development (coding) of programs, significant to the very difficult in complexity, that support a business application.
This position is a self-motivated professional that contributes to highly skilled teams in all phases of software engineering, from requirements definition through the deployment and operation.
This position writes end-user requirements and will convert into technical specifications for use by Developers and Interns. This position collaborates with other software engineers to perform requirements definition and analysis and produce solid technical designs.
This position can assess and tune application performance. Will review and conduct walk-through(s) of code. This position can create systems designs.
This position will develop highly maintainable software by anticipating future changes and providing code flexibility. This position will comprehend all detailed requirements before starting to design or code the solution.
• Writes and reviews business requirements and technical specification documents for thoroughness and accuracy.
• Perform coding to written technical specifications for significant to highly complex business and/or technical requirements or problems.
• Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects in own code and that of Software Engineers, Developers and Interns.
• Creates, maintains, and reviews all technical documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops, reviews, critiques coding techniques and recommends and new coding standards.
2. Key technical contact for SMEs.
3. Develops applications/products against aggressive timelines. Develops applications/products in 3 to 4 person teams.
4. Reviews and analyzes application requests and business requirements for completeness and understanding, modifies requirements where appropriate and communicates those changes effectively.
5. Conducts design and code reviews.
6. Can effectively and in a timely manner determine the estimate to design, build, and code, document and unit test so that accurate estimates can be provided to the Technical Supervisor.
7. Individually troubleshoot and resolve production system issues.
8. Knows the importance of production availability and conducts themselves accordingly with priority and like sense of responsibility.
Develop and provides classroom or individual education and training with business owners, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities · Minimum of 5+ years programming experience · Demonstrable Software Development experience · Knowledge of database architecture and design · May require experience working with Agile Methodology projects · Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents. · Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
Other Position Parameters ·
Candidate should have an advanced skillset and work experience in IBM ODM technology and agile methodology to succeed in this role
No travel is anticipated with this role ·
This is an onsite position, no remote
Prior Work Experience 5-8 years’ technical experience
Education and Credentials Required:
Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent degree