Job #: 2664
Title: Application Engineer – Philadelphia, PA
The Sr. Application Engineer is responsible for development + integration of the deliverable by providing technical guidance and administrative support. The candidate is a self-motivated professional that contributes to all phases of software engineering, from requirements to the deployment, and operation support. The candidate has hands on experience developing and implementing advanced solutions with the latest version of IBM ODM.
This position will:
• Collaborate with IT management, product owner, and team members to evaluate, design, and provide technical solutions that support the organizational strategy.
• Manage the process of providing story backlog and design specifications from local team to remote team.
• Coordinate the workflow between local development team and the remote development team.
• Coordinate the process of code delivery and check-in from remote team to local team.
• Coordinate and track the reviews, documentation, test activities.
• Coordinate with internal and external teams as necessary.
• Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams.
• Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
• Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements and schedule.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, reviews, critiques coding techniques and recommends and new coding standards.
• Key technical lead between remote team and the other teams.
• Develops applications + products against aggressive timelines.
• Will participate in all development phases, design, prototype build, code, document + unit test, together with conducting design and code review.
• Reviews and analyzes application requests and business requirements for completeness and understanding, modifies requirements where appropriate and communicates those changes effectively.
• Provide 2nd tier off-hours support.
• Can effectively and in a timely manner determine the estimate to design, build, and code, document and unit test so that accurate estimates can be provided to the Technical Supervisor.
• Able to Individually troubleshoot and resolve production system issues. Knows the importance of production availability and conducts themselves accordingly with priority and like sense of responsibility.
• 8-10 years of Advanced Java Programming
• 3-5 years of working experience in Rules design and development using IBM ODM /Jrules 8.5, 8.8, 8.9, 8.10
• Demonstrable Agile Software Development experience
• Demonstrable Service Oriented Architecture and Design experience
• Strong verbal and written communications, must be able to actively engage other team members
• Understanding of Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
• Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
• Ability to identify and educate the team on ODM best practices.
• Working experience with WebSphere Application Server and ODM server/node administration through WAS
• Working experience with ODM products/components – Rule Designer, Decision Server, Decision Center
• ODM experience authoring action rules, decision table rules, and orchestrating rules flow
• Experience with querying relational databases (Oracle 10g or greater, DB2, SQL Server)
• Working experience with data transformation frameworks and technologies, including XML, XSD, and XSLT
• Hands-on development in Java/J2EE
• Experience in Unix / Shell Scripting
• Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP)
Experience with SoapUI
• Experience as a team member in Agile teams
Prior Work Experience
• Technical: 5 – 8 years
Education and Credentials
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree – Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent degree.
• Preferred: Master’s Degree – Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent degree.