Job #: 1621
Title: Application Engineer – Alpharetta
The Application Engineer ensures that all in-house and 3rd party applications conform to our configuration and deployment standards so that every application can be deployed, monitored and managed in a consistent and reliable fashion.
• Integrate applications to conform to standards using a common build, QA and deployment process.
• Write and maintain scripts (shell, Perl or python) to automate the application configuration/ installation process.
• Work with development, QA, business/product & Operations to ensure successful application launches.
• Configure Apache, Tomcat, Tuxedo, MQ and in-house platforms.
• Create and maintain documentation to support the full life cycle of an application
• On-call for 2nd level QA and PRD support.
• Provide production support.
• 5+ years’ experience in Unix/Linux administration.
• 5+ years’ experience in scripting Shell, Perl or Python.
• 5+ years of configuration management experience (e.g., puppet, Git, subversion.)
• 5+ years of core services experience (e.g., apache/nix, Tomcat, Jetty, MQ.)
• Knowledge of Apache, Tomcat
• Knowledge Tuxedo, Active MQ, JDBC
• Knowledge of database clients Oracle, Sybase.