Job #: 2036
Title: Application Engineer
An Enterprise Management Application Engineer in implementing and maintaining an integrated enterprise system to collect, correlate, and report faults, events, and performance trends from business processes and components. Significant understanding of Operation, Service and Asset Management applications, disciplines, concepts and practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· An application engineer of implementing and maintaining an integrated enterprise management system.
· Mentor, train and develop others on the concepts of enterprises solutions integrations architecture and best practices.
· Track integration architecture roadmap, quality action items, issues, and priorities.
· Serve as a technical team member in integration industry best practices especially pertaining to Enterprise Monitoring, Operation and Service Management solutions.
· Audit project level adherence to integration architecture (e.g. solution architecture reviews, code reviews) to ensure that practices and standards are met.
· Build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of internal organizations (Clinical and EITS teams) to understand current and future monitoring integration and service needs.
· Must have very strong network event management background with in-depth knowledge about SNMP and Syslog to work with Network Engineers and implement network monitoring solutions.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics, Telecommunications, Data Communications, or a related field of study; and
2. Five (5) years of progressive, responsible experience in the field of data processing, computer systems and applications.
Operations Specialty requires supervisory experience (5 years).
Network Services requires a telecommunications background and experience.
3. Broad knowledge and expertise in the characteristics of computers, peripheral devices, communications systems and hardware capabilities, programming languages, E.D.P. applications, systems analysis methodology, data management and retrieval techniques; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
· 7+ years of engineering/development experience with IBM Tivoli Netcool or ScienceLogic, Enterprise Monitoring tool.
· Knowledge of ServiceNow ITOM and CMDB.
· Knowledge of SQL Scripting
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
· Professional appearance and behavior including punctuality
· Enterprise Architecture experience
· Networking concepts and practices
· Unix/Linux and Windows knowledge and experience
· TCP/IP, SNMP, Syslog, and other standard protocols experience
· Appropriate industry certifications as ITIL
· Business process optimizing oriented.