Job #: 2083
Title: Application Architect – St. Louis
Application architects enable the organizations application development and deployment environment by providing strategic coordination as well as tactical governance aligning to organizational goals around quality, speed to market, maintainability, and innovation.
They focus on initiatives requiring significant collaboration across multiple teams or business lines, needing new technologies (e.g. messaging/middleware, caching, persistence, containerization, and micro-services), or require improvements to architectural characteristics.
In addition, as a thought leader across multiple teams and domains, they make significant contributions to key elements of the application architecture by building and maintaining strong working relationship with internal and external partners. Application architects also work closely with Security, Data, and Technology architecture domains to provide a cross discipline view that aligns the domains to the application development and deployment environment.
– Create/update application architecture patterns, standards, guidance, and reference models in architecture repository to enable secure, efficient, reliable, resilient application delivery.
– Identify gaps or underperforming elements of the application architecture in order to create backlogs and roadmaps to address significant areas of concern.
– Ensure project and team engagements meet organizational and architecture principles and standards.
– Partner with all architecture domains in order to collaborate and contribute to architecture deliverables and artifacts published from other domains.
– Create/maintain service catalog maximizing reusability for core capabilities across delivery channels by harvesting opportunities for reuse and building new core capabilities.
– Participate in developer and architecture community forums in order to spread knowledge and build relationships.
– Evaluate emerging technologies for adoption seeking opportunities to use technologies to provide new capabilities or significant improvements to existing capabilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of open source and commercial landscape of applications and frameworks
· Experience with modern service architectures, technologies, and REST-ful API’s including API Gateways, API Catalogs, and API Developer Portals
· Experience working in public cloud or PCF environments
· Experience with high performance / low latency applications and systems, preferably in the financial industry.
· Experience with Apigee and/or Spring Cloud Gateway is preferred
· Experience using or certification in an architecture framework (e.g. TOGAF) is preferred