Job #: 1365
Title: API Tester
Contract Pay Rate:
Momentum is looking for a Tester in Tampa, FL.
Job Function and Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides expertise in a specialized discipline of testing (such as test case design & execution)
- Participate in Daily Huddles, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Sprint Review and Retrospective, and Project Retrospectives for assigned initiatives
- Establish and execute testing plans and scripts, review expected results and document result logs.
- Develop testing and training procedures where applicable.
- Designs test scenarios and scripts, executes test cases, compares results to functional and non-functional requirements and reports defects to QA Lead, with limited guidance
- Assist end-users in the definition of problems and their impact.
- Review internal designs (data, programs, libraries, etc.) to improve the system functionality
- Performs other assignments to comply with business strategies and initiatives.
- Understand the technology our application/systems are built with from a code analysis standpoint
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues.
- Can identify the mission and objectives of the major business functions of a project, and identify the key business processes within that function.
- Can identify what can be leveraged from automation versus manual testing
- College degree and/or prior practical experience (5 + years) in the areas of systems design/analysis and quality assurance.
- The ability to run and verify end to end testing using different types of technology and tools (ex RESTful API, SOAP web services, batch applications)
- Has experience applying automated testing tools – Can run and evaluate Selenium Automation scripts.
- Performance testing background
- May assist in execution and analysis of performance test scripts and outcomes.
- Knowledge of backend database including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Experience working in an Insurance / Finance industry
- Understands the interoperability of systems, technologies and applications that may have an impact on a change or set of changes
- Strong skills and experience in performing Quality Assurance verification of all software enhancements.
- Self-motivated individual able to evaluate, maintain and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on the design and flow in support of the implementation of high volume, mission critical Production systems.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to learn through on the job experience.
- Strong SQL skills
- Soap UI (Ready API) background
- Extensive knowledge of API, web service testing not just verifying request and response
- Lead experience on projects
- Experience working with vendors is a plus
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Strong analytical skills and experience in performing Quality Assurance verification of all software enhancements
- Quality Center / ALM experience 11.0, 11.53
- Strong Web applications testing background.
- Working knowledge of document management tools / written correspondence