Job #: 2780
Title: API Tester Tampa FL
Job Function and Key Duties & Responsibilities
– The ability to run and verify end to end testing using different types of technology and tools (ex: RESTful API, SOAP web services, batch applications).
– Coordinates end-to-end testing efforts with internal and external interfaces, particularly in more complex end-to-end testing situations.
– Participate in Daily Huddles, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Sprint Review and Retrospective, and Project Retrospectives for assigned initiatives
– Designs test scenarios and scripts, executes test cases, compares results to functional and non-functional requirements and reports defects, with limited guidance.
– Develop testing and training procedures where applicable.
– Coordinate and facilitate UAT sessions with business users
– Understand the technology our application/systems are built with from a code analysis standpoint
– – May assist in execution and analysis of performance test scripts and outcomes.
– Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical degree from an accredited university and/ or prior practical experience (5 + years)
– Build, Execute, and analyze automation test suite (Ready API) and associated results.
– Experienced testing in a Continuous Integration / Continuous development environment leveraging tools like Bamboo
– Knowledge of backend database including validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
– 2-3 years’ experience developing SQL queries
– Good understanding of relational database design
Strong Web testing background.
– 2-3 years’ experience with API testing using SoapUI (Ready API) with assertions for validation.
– Self-motivated and adaptable individual able to evaluate, maintain and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
– Must be a team player.
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
– Experience with JIRA
– Quality Center / ALM experience
– Experience with performance testing with Apache JMeter
– Experience with security testing
– Experienced in testing MuleSoft orchestrations
– Experience with Groovy scripting