Job #: 2999
Title: Android Developer
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate for an atypical Android role on our Hybrid App project. The ideal candidate will have these required skills:
• Java, and an interest in Kotlin
• Broad Google APIs for Android experience, including but not limited to:
o Auth, SafetyNet, Permissions
• Deep knowledge of iOS programming concepts, including but not limited to:
o Threading, Crash Analysis
• Git submodules
• NPM package publishing
• Cordova command line tools
• Android Studio, and Android L through 11
Your day-to-day may include some of these tasks:
• Create and maintain custom Cordova plugins, including hooks
• Perform annual maintenance on the codebase and automated build scripts to keep pace with changes to Android
• Monitor production feedback, crash reports, and analytics—and address issues
• Work with infrastructure teams to address proxy, software and administrative privilege issues that impact Android development or build processes
• Train web application developers how to build and debug a hybrid app
This is a full-time position and is expected to be at least one year in duration. The candidate must work on-site, as device debugging via USB will be required. Vacation policy is flexible with advance notice.
Additional Required Skills:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Additional Desired Skills
• Experience developing APIs.
• Experience with iOS app development.
• Strong user experience skills.