Job #: 1757
Title: Android Developer – Ann Arbor, MI
Must sit in Ann Arbor – remote work or other locations are not an option. Must interview in person.
Long term contract
OT and on-call are very rare; may possibly to Chicago maybe couple of times a year
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …). Include any other Teams that this contractor will be engaging with:
TOS Mobile’s Android development team. This team interacts with iOS, Gateway and backend TOS core and charts teams along with other development partners, business owners, designers and business analysts.
What does a typical day look like in this role? Specific Projects? Working independently or with a team?
Typical day in Android development team involves the following,
* Initiate/Lead/Participate in design sessions for new features and produce relevant documentation coming out of those sessions
* Works independently and with supervisory review on low, moderate and highly complex programming tasks.
* Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
* Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic in compliance with secure coding standards.
* Identify learning areas and facilitate/organize knowledge sharing, to the team
* Continuous evaluation of code (new and old) in terms of performance/scalability
* Move project applications away from deprecated functions of the Android OS
* Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Should be up to date with Android eco system, Java Core technologies and Kotlin. Should be familiar with concurrency & multi-threading, socket programming concepts and Co- routines. Should have strong trouble shooting skills.
What does success look like for this role? How is this person measured?
* Quick grasping skills
* Strong technical & trouble shooting skills
* Passionate about Android and Java
* Good interpersonal skills to work in a distributed team environment.
* Good communication skills
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
1. 5+ Years of Android Programming experience required.
2. 4+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
3. 4+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
4. 2+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
5. 2+ years’ experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* Good handle on latest concepts of Android Programming
* Passionate about coding and willing to have technical discussions with team
* Provide technical design for features implementation
* Kotlin knowledge is nice to have
* Knowledge of network programming and sockets preferred
* Financial services experience preferred
* Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
* Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
* Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and makes decision
Required Education or Certifications:
4 Year College Degree; Computer Science Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Preferred Education or Certifications:
SCJP / Associate Android Developer