Job #: 2300
Title: AIX/Linux Engineer
Functional Title: AIX/Linux Server Engineer
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of AIX/Linux Server Engineer for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and support 450+ AIX LPARs hosting mission critical applications which include: EPIC EMR, Oracle ERP, Ensemble Integration, QuadraMed, and Data Warehouse.
• Perform daily health check of all production environments for optimal performance and availability.
• Interact and collaborate with other infrastructure teams, clinical and business units within to develop and support IT initiatives, ensure appropriate execution and delivery of these projects, focusing on reducing complexity and improving performance and availability for end users.
• Provide AIX and Linux Systems Administration, Systems Engineering and Application Integration for IBM Power servers and Intel base servers in Test, Development, and Production Environments.
• Build, configure, and administer AIX LPARs in a POWER7, POWER8, and Power 9 Environment – using AIX versions AIX 7.1, AIX 7.2 and Red Hat Linux.
• Install and upgrade AIX service packs., Technology levels, and Linux OS patches
• Firmware upgrades, HMCS, knowledge of IBM hardware
• Support of application development within a virtualized environment.
• Interact with IT staff regarding server related issues.
• Provide input on capacity planning and systems performance
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or 5+ years of IT Experience with minimum 2 years in AIX Administration and 1 year of Linux Administration
• IBM AIX Certifications or Red Hat Linux Certification will be a plus
• Experience in Healthcare will be a plus
• Experience with large scale environments
• Experience with building LPARs and working with VIO servers
• Experience with Red Hat Linux
• Experience with nmon and other IBM capacity planning and performance tools
• Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
• Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-paced team
• Must be able to work at various locations when necessary along with working various shifts