Job #: 964
Title: Agile Transformation Coach – East Hanover, NJ
This Agile Coach will aide in the transformation of waterfall teams to high performing Agile teams by working with Scrum Masters across a large number of products and platforms at multiple locations. for two or three teams as well as coaching teams on Agile Values & Principles. This Agile Coach will aide with the transformation by coaching teams on Agile Values and Principles helping Agile teams maintain their discipline on how to create effective sprint goals, remove impediments, escalate issues to management when appropriate, provide feedback on associate performance and facilitate Scrum ceremonies. This Agile Coach must encourage the team and Scrum Master to be accountable for the delivery of high quality, tested, and working software every sprint as well as the delivery of timely commitments while ensuring retrospectives result in continuous improvement sprint to sprint.
• Work directly with business partners, all levels of management, product, and development to execute the adoption of Scrum Methodology at the organizational level, as well as coaching assigned Scrum Teams to successfully deliver against product roadmaps.
• Support stakeholders and their Scrum Teams in defining and executing product roadmaps by organizing and facilitating release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning, demos and other Scrum related meetings.
• Ensure scrum process is followed, scrum metrics are gathered, and management is engaged in delivering the most value to the business.
• Resolve any concerns, and escalate as needed in the adherence to Scrum methodology.
• Conduct training sessions with newly formed & existing agile teams, and project managers, helping the organization in its agile transformation.
• Engage Scrum Masters by assisting with the following:
o Track and communicate scrum metrics including team velocity and sprint/release progress.
o Ensure the scrum team is practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
o Oversee agile tracking system to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
o Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of teams to deliver the sprint goals.
o Partner with Product Owner and Development Leader to ensure Organizational Readiness prior to implementations.Preferred Skills/Experience:
• 8+ years of technical project management with 3+ years delivering Scrum methodology in software development life cycle (SDLC). Background as a project manager, developer, tester, or business analyst with at least a basic understanding of technical concepts.
• Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
• Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies such as XP and Kanban with experience in coaching Scrum teams
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with engineering teams to accomplish project goals. Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously.
• Able to conceptualize, negotiate and sell ideas internally and external.
• Team Leadership – Experienced in assessing how the team is doing and drive necessary actions to improve.
• Team Leadership – Able to develop and foster teamwork and facilitate team dynamics.
• Proven record of delivering large projects on time and within budget.
• Knowledge of patterns and techniques to improve operational efficiency.
• An emphasis on improving transparency, advanced facilitation techniques, situational awareness, continuous improvement, and team empowerment.
• Ability to work on highly complex assignments with minimal instructions.
• Must be a strong collaborator, team player as well as an individual contributor.
• Knowledge of software languages, hardware platforms and their uses.
• Experience in scaling and transferring agile knowledge while working with individuals that are new to agile.
• Proficiency with at least one Agile Lifecycle Management tool (e.g. Rally, JIRA). Thorough understanding of Agile principles and the Scrum framework.
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor all roles on a Scrum team
• Ability to deal with complexity and change.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders.
• Work independently in a demanding and dynamic environment.
• Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations.
• Technical experience working with various technology stacks.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is required. Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) and PMP are a plus.