Job #: 2041
Associate (Mortgage Loan and Real Estate Accounting)
Description: A temporary position that provides support for Mortgage Loan/Real Estate accounting functions within.
Responsibilities: Perform cash management operational functions, accounting and administrative support.
Cash Management/Treasury Support:
• Oversee and process cash receipts/disbursements into accounting systems and confirm activity completeness
• Verify that all requests have documentation that follows procedures/controls (i.e. delegation of authority, etc)
• Prepare journal entries based on investment activity (as needed for team member’s review)
• Help administer investment servicing functions (i.e. escrow analysis review, audit confirmations, etc).
• Perform property reviews, accounting for home office corporate functions and regional leases.
• Help team members gather and prepare various reporting including information provided to outside rating agencies, other departments and management
• Assist with special projects/research work/ad-hoc reporting and reconciliations
• Execute assignments according to company/department’s procedures, controls and systems.
• Prepare and/or edit Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
• Photocopy, organize files, scan documents, as needed
• Prepare and log audit requests and obtain confirmation support from other divisions
• Interact with other divisions and departments and external parties to obtain/request/provide information
• Use various systems to update setup information (i.e. investment, reconciliation details, etc)
• Download files from property managers
Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred, but will consider other degrees concentrated in business or applicable relative experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on own workload and support others
• Knowledge of Business Objects, Crystal Report Writer, a plus
• Knowledge of SS&C’s Precision LM and/or Yardi Voyager system, a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Individual must maintain high organizational skills, good communication skills and be a team player
• Ideal candidate is self-starter and has good listening skills
• Candidate must work within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision